Epilepsy is a complex disease with significant and underappreciated global health impacts. The epilepsy challenge is especially acute in Africa where lack of access to routine treatment and cultural stigmas are systemic problems. The BAND Foundation is working to tackle epilepsy in Africa through a series of grants aimed at raising awareness and demonstrating solutions. In this episode of Seizing Life – a weekly podcast produced by Citizens United for Research in Epilepsy (CURE) – BAND Foundation trustee and former CURE Board Chair Gardiner Lapham discusses BAND’s efforts.
- Bat Conservation International’s Agave Restoration Initiative Featured in New Article
- Vox Launches Down to Earth: The Biodiversity Crisis Explained
- Advocate’s Toolkit for Making Epilepsy A Priority in Africa Released
- Maasai Landscape Conservation Fund Launches
- The Importance of Conserving Bats During the Pandemic