It has long been understood that seizures can occur in people with Alzheimer’s, and this has been considered a potential factor in the progression of Alzheimer’s dementia. However, the links between Alzheimer’s disease and epilepsy are poorly understood. With the BAND Foundation’s support, the Alzheimer’s Association convened scientific and clinical leaders from the epilepsy and Alzheimer’s fields to review current understanding of the biological mechanisms underpinning the respective diseases. The goal of this two-day meeting, held in September 2017, was to plan for future research and catalyze collaborations needed to identify novel diagnostic and treatment strategies. Results of the meeting can be found here.
- Maasai Landscape Conservation Fund Launches
- The Importance of Conserving Bats During the Pandemic
- Mongabay Launches Podcast Series on Salamander Decline
- Acting Globally To Fight Epilepsy: An Interview with BAND Foundation Trustee Gardiner Lapham
- Ruaha Carnivore Project staff featured in WildAid Campaign