It has long been understood that seizures can occur in people with Alzheimer’s, and this has been considered a potential factor in the progression of Alzheimer’s dementia. However, the links between Alzheimer’s disease and epilepsy are poorly understood. With the BAND Foundation’s support, the Alzheimer’s Association convened scientific and clinical leaders from the epilepsy and Alzheimer’s fields to review current understanding of the biological mechanisms underpinning the respective diseases. The goal of this two-day meeting, held in September 2017, was to plan for future research and catalyze collaborations needed to identify novel diagnostic and treatment strategies. Results of the meeting can be found here.
- National Geographic Investigation on Endangered Fish of the Mekong Wins One World Media Award
- Southeastern Grasslands Initiative featured on Yale e360
- New Guide for Investing in Healthy Soils Released
- Epilepsy and Alzheimer’s disease: Overlapping mechanisms and therapeutic opportunities?
- BAND Grant Featured in American Academy of Pediatrics Journal